The only thing that I could love as equally as a cup of fresh hot coffee is a glass of refreshing iced coffee! This coffee variant is highly recommended to be enjoyed on a hot day (which is something that you can’t do with hot coffee). Drinking iced coffee is very refreshing, especially if the weather’s too hot for you to handle. With iced coffee, you can chill out and still taste the aromatic and ecstatic flavor of coffee!
So, how can you create the perfect tasting cup (or glass) of iced coffee? Here are some tips and recipes that you can use to enjoy the refreshing flavor of iced coffee!
Guide to the best iced coffee recipes
Which Beans Should You Use?
When planning to make iced coffee, you should primarily be wary about how the original brew would taste. So basically, you should see to it that you will use the proper coffee beans to use for your initial brewing.
When planning to prepare iced coffee, it is ideal that you use beans that will produce intense flavors. And what is the reason for this? Because the coffee flavor tends to be diluted as a result of the coldness and ice cubes that were used.
What Sweetener Should You Add?
Many people like their iced coffee sweet and that is why it is ideal if you use some sweeteners to enhance the flavor of the beverage. Some popular choices for sweeteners would be sugar, vanilla, and honey. Various iced coffee variants also use sweetened condensed milk and ice cream to add the appropriate sweetness to the iced coffee blend.
Iced Coffee with Coffee Cubes:
Looking for an easy iced coffee recipes? Then this is a simple way to concoct a glass of iced coffee that is satisfying.
- A pot of strongly brewed coffee
- Milk, sugar (optional)
- Brew coffee of extra strength
- Divide the brewed coffee into two parts
- Put one half of the coffee in the refrigerator and let it chill
- Place the second half in an ice tray and let it freeze to create iced coffee cubes
- Serve the chilled coffee in a glass filled with the iced coffee cubes
- Add milk or sugar to taste
- Because you have used iced coffee cubes instead of the regular ones, the coffee will not have its flavor diluted, thus providing you with satisfying coffee experience!
- 2½ cups of strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2/3 cup of cream
- 4 scoops of ice cream (preferably coffee-flavored)
- 1L bottle of coke
- Add sugar to the brewed coffee to sweeten the taste
- Mix the coffee with cream
- Pour the coffee mix into four glasses (each glass half-full
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each of the glasses
- Pour coke to every glass and serve
- This iced coffee variant is highly caffeine-based as both the coffee and the coke have high caffeine present in them. This is also a sugar-based beverage, so you should think of passing this one out if you are currently watching your figure or on a strict diet.
Iced Mocha Coffee
- A cup of strong brewed coffee
- A tablespoon of chocolate syrup
- A tablespoon of organic mocha chocolate (chopped)
- Vanilla chocolate ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Mix the chocolate syrup with the cup of strong coffee and stir until well-blended
- Pour the coffee, ice cream, and four ice cubes on a blender
- Turn on the blender at high speed for about two or three minutes
- Pour the mix on glass and sprinkle the chopped mocha chocolate on top
- Serve and enjoy
- It`s another iced coffee recipe that is fun and enjoyable because of its flavor! The chopped mocha chocolate on top is an excellent addition to the recipe that adds not only taste but aesthetic delight as well.
Iced Coffee with Chocolate Liqueur
Want to try drinking iced coffee with a kick? Then you can add chocolate liqueur to give an extra flavor to your iced coffee!
- 1 and 1/3 liters of brewed coffee
- A cup of milk
- A cup of half-and-half cream
- 5 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate liqueur (or crème de cacao)
- Mix the coffee, milk, and the half-and-half cream on a pitcher
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and coffee liqueur and stir thoroughly
- Put in the refrigerator and chill
- Serve upon glasses filled with ice cubes
- This is a crazy and fun way to prepare iced coffee. If you do not prefer having the chocolate liqueur in the equation, you can take it out and still have an enjoyable iced coffee drink. Very creamy and sweet iced coffee variant that will surely cater to your sweet tooth. You can use this recipe to serve eight glasses of iced coffee that you can drink and enjoy.
Try These Recipes and Enjoy!
A glass of iced coffee can help you make through a hot summer day. It can lend a hand to satiate your thirst for caffeine and beat the heat at the same time. Try all the recipes indicated above and see for yourself which ones are perfect for you!